YouTube TV is a streaming television service that provides live TV, on-demand programming, and cloud-based DVR. In most places, It offers over one hundred television networks, including the Big Three broadcast networks, FOX Network, The CW, and PBS. It’s possible that you’ve downloaded a lot of recordings onto your device thanks to your unlimited DVR storage. Your device’s RAM will be used to store all of those downloaded files as cache files, reducing the amount of space available for use. In such a situation, you must remove any recordings you have made using the YouTube TV app to make room for new content. The processes required to remove the recordings differ from device to device. This post will walk you through deleting recordings from your YouTube TV account. So let’s get started:
How to Delete Recordings on YouTube TV
It is not as easy to delete playlists on YouTube as it is to delete recordings uploaded to YouTube TV. When a new episode of a TV program you’ve added to your library on the YouTube TV platform becomes available, the following episodes of those series will be downloaded to your library immediately. You must remove the TV show from the library list to turn off this function that automatically downloads content. To do so,
1. On your personal computer, go to the website for YouTube TV (https://tv.youtube.com/).
2. Sign in with the account you use for YouTube TV.
3. Select the Library tab located at the top of the screen.
4. Go to the bottom of the page and click on Recordings. You will have access to all of your library’s newly added television shows.
5. To remove something from your library, click the icon with three dots, then uncheck the box that says “Added to the library.”
6. A notification will appear informing you that “We have stopped recording new episodes.” The recordings can be viewed up to the time that they are deleted. After this point, new episodes will not be automatically downloaded to your device.
7. You can apply the same process to all the different television series in your collection.
1. Download and open the YouTube TV app on your mobile device.
2. Navigate to the screen’s menu and select the Library tab.
3. Look for the name of the video or television program that you want to remove from your library.
4. To remove recordings from the library, choose the “Add to Library” check box and click the “Remove” button.
5. The recordings will be removed from your device after completing this process.
On Smart TV:
1. Power up your Smart TV and navigate to the main menu on the screen.
2. Go to the app store and download the YouTube TV app.
3. Select the Library option from the drop-down menu on the screen.
4. Select the television program episode from the recordings you would like to remove.
5. To delete the TV show from your library, uncheck the box next to the option to Add to Library.
By following the instructions above, you can remove recordings from Roku, Firestick, and other devices connected to YouTube TV.
How YouTube TV Recordings Works
You cannot record or download a specific episode from a television show using the YouTube TV platform. When you add the television program to your collection, all of the most recent episodes and those yet to air will be captured immediately after they are broadcast. After nine months since the recording was made, the live TV channels and shows that have been captured will be removed automatically. In a similar vein, you are unable to remove individual episodes from the recordings. The only way to delete the recordings is to remove the TV show from your library where they are stored. You don’t need to be concerned about the recording limit because YouTube gives you limitless storage for your DVR.
Read More: How to Cancel YouTube TV Subscription on PC
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
What is the downside of YouTube TV?
The fact that YouTube TV does not currently have an agreement with Fox Sports Regional Sports Networks is its major obstacle in terms of RSNs. If your regional sports network (RSN) is owned by NBC, then you won’t have any problems; however, if you need Fox Sports South or another member of the Fox Sports RSN family, then you won’t have any luck.
What takes up storage on YouTube?
The YouTube app automatically downloads videos of varying lengths to your smartphone over Wi-Fi while making intelligent assumptions about how long each video will be. This can potentially result in a significant quantity of storage space being consumed on your device.
What happens if you clear storage on YouTube?
Once you have deleted the cache and cookies, Some site settings get removed. For instance, if you were previously signed in, you must sign in once more. Some websites may appear to load more slowly than others because certain content, such photos, must be loaded many times.
How do you skip commercials on YouTube TV DVR?
If you want to know how to skip advertisements on YouTube using your TV remote, the fastest and quickest way to do it is to take advantage of the Fast Forward feature on YouTube TV. You can skip through the advertisements that play during most of the series and movies available on YouTube TV by clicking the button labeled “fast forward.”
Should you ever delete a YouTube video?
You risk experiencing a loss in analytical performance, which may include views and historical performance. Even if the video has become obsolete, individuals who use YouTube as a source of revenue creation (based on 4,000 or more monthly hourly views) should consider whether or not it is advisable to delete the video. You risk losing traction with search engine optimization because YouTube is the second-largest search engine.
Why can’t I delete my watch history on YouTube?
Proceed to your Google Account on your personal computer. Click the “Data & personalization” link in the panel’s top left corner. Under “Activity controls,” select YouTube History, then select “Auto-delete” from the drop-down menu that appears. Confirm your selection to save your auto-delete activity preferences.