You can like, share, and comment on Youtube videos and subscribe to and follow the channels of your favourite video creators. Youtube is a global internet platform for sharing videos. Because users from all over the world upload and share their videos on YouTube, the website hosts a wide range of unique and intriguing content. YouTube is a site that is owned by Google, and as with the other sites that Google owns, YouTube will collect your age and any other required information from Google. To change age on YouTube, modify the date of birth on Google. This post will help to discuss the necessary steps to modify age on YouTube. So let’s get started:
How to Change Age on YouTube
1. Once you have successfully logged into your account on YouTube, browse to the top right corner of the webpage and click on the image or avatar corresponding to your account.
Read More: How to Delete Recordings on YouTube TV
2. When the pull-down menu appears, choose “Manage your Google Account” from the alternatives presented to you.
3. Go to the page that follows, and in the left-hand column of that page, look for the blue lettering that says “Personal info” and click on it.
4. Select the arrow next to your name to modify your birth date.
5. Hover your mouse pointer over the pencil icon to edit your birth date.
6. Enter your new birthdate, then hit “UPDATE.”
Sign out of YouTube now; the site will use the most recent version of your age when it displays it the next time you visit.
Read the Article: How to Enable or Disable Closed Captions on YouTube
Launch the YouTube app on your mobile device, and then make the necessary adjustments to the needed minimum age by following the guidelines that are provided further down in this article:
1. To make changes to your profile, navigate to the top right corner of the page and click the icon that looks like a picture of you. This will bring you to a new page where you can make changes.
2. After that, select the option that says Manage your Google Account from the drop-down menu.
3. Choose the “Personal info” option on the panel at the top of the page dedicated to your Google Account. After that, from the list of your basic information that has just been displayed, select your date of birth.
4. After making the necessary modifications to your birth date to accommodate your selections and proceeding to the subsequent screen, you will be invited to select the Save option on the screen that immediately follows.
5. If you choose to use the option to Confirm, the data that we currently have about your age will be updated.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Why is YouTube age restricting me?
There are instances in which content may not violate our policies, yet it may not be suitable for viewers under 18. In these circumstances, we may impose an age limit on the use of the video. This policy applies to all YouTube products and features, including videos, video descriptions, custom thumbnails, and live streams.
Why is my YouTube age-restricted when I’m over 18?
Consequently, Google bases its limits on the age users provide on their respective Google Plus profiles. You must go to the Google Plus page to either enter your date of birth or change it so that YouTube will recognize you as an adult.
What is YouTube’s age limit?
To use the Service, you must be at least 13 years old; however, children of any age may use the Service and YouTube Kids (where available) if enabled by a parent or legal guardian. The minimum age to use the Service is 13 years old. If you are under 18, you are required to represent that you have the approval of a parent or legal guardian to use the Service.
Is 18+ content allowed on YouTube?
We do not permit sexual content or content with other inappropriate themes involving minors, as they violate our policies, restricting anything that is harmful and dangerous to minors. The percentage of information we take down that is considered child sexual abuse material (CSAM) is quite low.
Can 18+ videos be monetized on YouTube?
To participate in the YouTube Partner Program and earn money through the platform, an individual must be at least 18. However, if an individual is younger than 18, the partnership contract for that individual can be signed by a parent or guardian older than 18.
How much does YouTube pay?
According to Influencer Market Hub, YouTube content creators make an average of $0.0018 for every ad watch. Prices per advertisement view might range anywhere from $0.10 to $0.30. The amount of money that YouTube pays relies on various factors, one of which is the number of times your video is seen on the platform.