If you want to connect with someone one-on-one but don’t know their email address or any other way to reach them, you could send them a direct message (DM). You could also do this if you know they spend a lot of time on Twitter and are more likely to see a message there before they see it anywhere else. If you need to communicate something you don’t want the general public to see, you should direct message someone instead of tweeting it (such as setting up a business meeting). Some users of Twitter like to send a direct message (DM) to every new follower with a message of congratulations and welcome. A private communication sent to one or more specified Twitter users can be sent as a direct message (DM) on Twitter. You will learn how to send DM on Twitter on your mobile app by reading this article. So let’s get started:
Read the Article: How to Make Your Account Private on Twitter
How to Send DM on Twitter on Your Mobile App
- Launch the Twitter app, then tap the icon that looks like an envelope labeled “Messages” at the bottom of the page.
- Tap the New Message icon located in the bottom-right corner of the screen.
- Enter the Twitter handle or name of the person you wish to message into the space labeled To: Tap the name when it shows in the list of results from the search. Tap the To: field once more, and then add new names to the list if you want to send a message to a group of people.
- At the bottom of the page is a field labeled “Start a message.” Enter the message into that form.
- Tap the icons to the left of the message box to add a photo or GIF to the message. You can do this to add an image to the message.
- When you are finished, you can send the message by tapping the Arrow icon.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Why can’t I send a DM on Twitter?
A daily cap of 500 Direct Messages can be sent from your account. When you have reached this limit for the day, you can no longer send any more Direct Messages. You may need to verify your phone number if you send Direct Messages to accounts that do not follow you on Twitter.
Why did a DM disappear on Twitter?
If you find that some of your direct messages are missing but not all of them, you should get in touch with either the person who sent you the message or the person who received it. When a person deletes a direct message, it is immediately removed from the message box of both the sending and receiving users.
What is the meaning of DMs?
Direct messages, sometimes known by their initialized DMs, are a feature of Twitter that allows users to have private conversations with one another. Because no one other than the sender and the receiver can view them, they are intrinsically more personal, intimate, and exclusive than a public post. This is because the sender and the recipient typically need to be already following each other on the social networking platform.
Are Twitter messages safe?
On the other hand, such messages are not as secure as those transmitted via programs such as Signal, or WhatsApp and Facebook Messenger, all of which are owned by Meta. Despite pleas from people interested in cybersecurity for Twitter to encrypt its direct messages, the company has never done so.