When you sign up for a TikTok account, your profile is immediately made public, allowing anybody to view your videos and follow you. But, if you do not want total strangers to access your content, TikTok allows you to change your account setting to private anytime. When your account is private, new users must request to read your posts, which you can approve or deny. If you already have followers, those individuals will continue to follow you even after you make your account private. This post will walk you through the steps necessary to turn your Tiktok account into a private one. So let’s get started:
Read More: How to Edit Tweets on Twitter on Your Mobile
How to Make Your Account Private on Twitter
- Launch the TikTok app on your mobile device, whether an iPhone or Android.
- To access your profile, select “Me” from the menu in the lower-right corner of the screen.
- To see the full list of references, tap the ellipsis(look like three dots) in the upper-right corner of your screen.
- Choose “Settings and Privacy” from the menu.
- Choose the option that says “Privacy and Safety.”
- To make your TikTok account private, you must first toggle the slider that is located to the right of the phrase “Private account.” When the slider moves to the green position, it indicates that you have successfully made your account private.
The instructions on making your TikTok account private have been provided in the stages that have just been reviewed. You can choose who can follow you on TikTok once you have made your account private and enabled the privacy settings. Having a private account makes it easier to protect the confidentiality of your content and keep it secure.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Why do people make their TikTok private?
TikTok allows its users to make their accounts “Private,” which prevents other users from following them or watching the videos they upload to the platform. When a person has a private TikTok account, their videos are hidden from anyone who is not following them, and the user can accept or reject anyone who wishes to follow their account. Non-followers also cannot see their films.
Can you see who viewed your TikTok?
A recent upgrade to the TikTok app now enables users to display the usernames of followers who view their TikTok videos and other metrics such as the number of likes, comments, and shares their films have received.
Can my followers see my private videos on TikTok?
If you switch to a private account, you can accept or reject follower requests, and only the persons whose requests you have accepted will be able to view your posts.
How many hashtags should I use on TikTok?
You should utilize as many hashtags as you possibly can. Studies have shown that utilizing between three and five hashtags in each post is the most effective method, but you can use more if you like. Be careful to keep them pertinent, and avoid spamming your followers with hashtags that aren’t related to the conversation.