In this article, we will discuss how to dm on Twitter on a desktop. Direct Messaging (DM) on Twitter is a feature that allows users to send private messages to other Twitter users. DMs can be sent to anyone who follows you on Twitter, and you can also receive DMs from anyone you follow on the platform. DMs can be a great way to communicate privately with other Twitter users, whether for personal or professional reasons. For example, you might use DMs to send a private message to a friend, discuss a job opportunity with a potential employer, or collaborate with a colleague on a project. To send a DM on Twitter, you must access the messaging feature through the Twitter app or website. From there, you can select the user to whom you want to DM, type your message, and hit send. It’s important to note that DMs are private and can only be seen by the sender and the recipient, so it’s a secure way to communicate on the platform.
How to DM on Twitter on Desktop
- Launch Twitter on your desktop.
- To access your messages, locate the navigation pane on the left side of the page and click on the button labeled “Messages.”
- Choose the New message option.
- In the section labeled “Search persons,” input the Twitter handle or name of the person you wish to contact. Click “Search.” If the person’s name appears in the list of search results, you need to choose it when it does so that you may continue your investigation. If you wish to send a message to a group of people, you must click the Search Persons section again and then continue adding people’s names until all of the recipients’ names have been entered.
- When you’ve completed adding the recipients, click the Next button.
- In the area labeled “Start a new message,” located at the bottom of the page, input the message.
- To attach a picture or a GIF to the message, press one of the symbols to the left of the text box. This will bring up a menu where you may choose either option.
- After you are finished, you may send the message by tapping the arrow symbol.
Read Also: How to Edit Tweets on Twitter on Your Mobile
What should you say when you first direct message a female on Twitter?
Mention something distinctive. Use her name, e.g., “Hello there, Rinu. How have you been?” You can’t simply send us random pleasantries in our direct message, or you’ll sleep there. You said “hey” or “hello” to a woman in a direct message?
Why can’t I send a Direct Message to a certain user on Twitter?
What may be causing my difficulty in sending Direct Messages? A daily limit of 500 Direct Messages may be sent from your account. After reaching this limit for the day, you will no longer be able to send any more Direct Messages. You may need to authenticate your phone number if you send Direct Messages to accounts that do not follow you on Twitter.
What do you write in the first direct message (DM)?
Jack Waldo, a dating specialist at Dating, recommends that if you aren’t using a dating app but are instead slipping into somebody’s direct messages on social media, the greatest first message to send is that remarks or asks a question about something particular on their profile.
In conclusion, sending Direct Messages (DMs) on Twitter from a desktop computer is a simple process that can be done by accessing the messaging feature through the Twitter website. DMs allow users to communicate privately with other Twitter users, whether it’s for personal or professional reasons. DMs are private, secure, and can only be seen by the sender and recipient. To send a DM on Twitter from a desktop, select the user you want to message, type your message, and hit send.