The Threads app from Instagram has finally been released, and it has the potential to become the most exciting Twitter competitor to yet. The most recent social media app to emerge on the scene is Instagram Threads, and it’s an intriguing one at that. Since Elon Musk took over as CEO of Twitter, the social media platform has been experiencing several different problems. If you already have an Instagram account, signing up for Threads is a really simple process for you. Simply log in using the credentials associated with your existing account, and all of your information will be moved over. You can even follow people on Threads who you already follow on Instagram. This post will walk you through creating a Threads account from scratch. So let’s get started:
How to Sign Up for Threads Account
It’s time to join Instagram Threads now that the program is already downloaded and installed on your mobile device. The steps involved in the process are as follows.
1. Launch the Threads app, and when prompted, select the option to “Log in with Instagram” to sign in using your Instagram credentials.
2. Tap the “Import from Instagram” button to bring over the information from your Instagram profile. Alternatively, you have the option of manually entering your bio, link, and profile image by tapping on each button individually. Tap the Next button when you are finished.
3. You will be prompted to select whether you want your profile to be public or private. After making your selection, select the Next button.
4. You’ll get a list of the Instagram users that you currently follow. You have the option to hit the Follow All button to follow all of them on Threads, tap the Follow button that is located next to individual names only to follow the people you are interested in, or tap the Next button that is located in the upper-right corner of the screen to move on to the next phase.
5. Use the Join Threads button.
6. And that brings us to the end of our discussion! After completing those steps, you will have successfully registered for Instagram Threads and can begin using the app immediately.
Read More: How to Tag Someone on Instagram
What is Instagram Threads?
A new social media network called Instagram Threads is now available and connected to your Instagram account. It was developed by the same people responsible for Instagram, but rather than focusing on sharing photos and videos; it is a text-based platform that allows users to share whatever is on their mind, similar to how Twitter works. You are able to publish posts with a maximum length of 500 characters, share links, upload photographs and videos (with a time limit of up to five minutes each), comment on other people’s posts, and repost content from other accounts on your profile.
How to Use Instagram Threads
The use of Instagram Threads is rather straightforward to understand. The Home page compiles all of the threads and posts made by users you are following, in addition to displaying recommended content made by users that you do not follow. Imagine it as similar to the “For You” page on Twitter. This will soon be the default view on the Threads Home page. However, it will display all posts for now, regardless of whether the account being viewed is followed.
On the Search page, you can search for specific accounts and see which ones are recommended. When you tap the search bar, you will see a history of your previous searches and the option to delete those searches if you desire. When you are ready to publish a new post, tap the Compose button in the centre of the screen. When you tap the heart icon, you will be sent to the Activity tab, essentially a collection of all your notifications. Last but not least, a tab called Profile displays your profile along with opportunities to change and share it, a link to your main Instagram account, and numerous app settings that you can play about with.
Can you have 2 accounts on threads?
You can add numerous accounts to Threads and switch between them, so long as each is tied to a different Instagram profile. However, to do this, each of your Instagram profiles must have its own unique account.
Can you sign up for threads without Instagram?
At this time, only Instagram users can create accounts on Threads. If you want to use Threads, you’ll first need to sign up for an Instagram account. Mike Proulx, vice president and research director at Forrester, stated that it was a wise move on Meta’s behalf to make Threads an extension of Instagram, despite the possibility that this will encounter some resistance.
Why did Instagram stop threads?
In addition, Threads could not provide users with a seamless experience, which resulted in unimpressive ratings in app stores and a low number of downloads. It was a cumbersome experience, as users were required to toggle between the main app and the Threads component repeatedly.