Discord, a chat tool that can also handle text, includes many markdown features that may be used to format text. These features can be utilized in a variety of ways. The markdown functionality, the spoiler tag, was recently developed and made available to users. You may hide text or an image behind an overlay using the spoiler markdown. This is possible for both of these elements. Those comfortable with revealing spoilers can click on the overlay, while users who would rather not be spoiled can hide the spoiler. This tutorial will walk you through the steps necessary to disable spoiler tags on Discord and explain how to do it. So let’s get started:
How to Turn Off or Disable Spoiler Tags on Discord
Users and administrators alike can moderate the content of spoilers (to some extent). Let’s discuss the different ways you can disable spoilers, regardless of your preferred option.
To access the menu for the spoiler tag, we will go to your user settings rather than the server you wish to manage. This is what you should do:
- Launch Discord and locate the gear icon next to your username in the bottom-left corner. Tap on it.
- Select Text & Pictures from the menu on the left to add text and images.
- To view the possibilities for the spoiler tag, scroll down until you reach the bottom of this page.
With this menu, you have the choice between three different options. The following describes the effects of each choice:
- On Click – When you turn this feature on, it will hide all spoilers for you across all channels, including channels that you don’t moderate.
- On servers I moderate – This will disable spoiler tags on your servers, which I supervise if you follow these instructions (meaning servers you own or moderate).
- Always – This will prevent spoiler tags from being used on your account. A spoiler tag will never appear in front of your eyes.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
How do you censor spoiler text in Discord?
Highlight the text that you want to be censored if you are using a computer that runs Mac OS X or Windows or if you are using an iOS device such as an iPhone or iPad. To mark something as a spoiler, tap the eye icon or click it when the context menu is above the text.
How do you censor words?
When censoring text, one of the most popular strategies I work with is to replace letters with dashes whenever possible. Most people prefer to use a single dash or an em dash, represented by the symbol “—” and can also be used in place of several dashes. In addition, they usually include the initial letter of a word, or sometimes just the first and last letters of a word.
How do I turn on Black Discord?
Using a desktop computer, you can access the settings menu by clicking the gear icon in the bottom left corner next to your username. This will bring up a selection menu. You can launch a new menu by scrolling to “App Settings” and clicking or tapping “Appearance.” To switch to Discord’s dark theme, go to the “Theme” menu and click or tap the “Dark” option.
How do I hide blackout messages on Discord?
In Discord, you can indicate that your entire message contains spoilers by prefacing it with the command /spoiler. You may also enclose the text in double vertical bars to indicate that it contains a spoiler. For instance, the word “This message is hidden” would be masked by a spoiler tag if you used the syntax “||This message is hidden||.”