1998 marked the beginning of PayPal’s operation as an online payment system. It makes sending and receiving the money to people located in any part of the world simple and inexpensive for a small fee or no fee at all if the money is going to or coming from a friend or family member in the United States of America. The service has made it possible to buy and sell items online in a manner that is both secure and straightforward. It is also heavily integrated into e-commerce websites such as eBay and other online stores. This article will guide you through the process of establishing a PayPal account if you do not already have one so that you can begin utilizing PayPal’s services. So let’s get started:
Read Also: How to Take an ECG With an Apple Watch
How to Set Up Your PayPal Account
- To access PayPal, go to the website https://www.paypal.com/ using the internet browser on your computer.
- Click the “Sign up” button that is located in the top right-hand corner of the screen.
- On the next screen, decide whether to create a personal or business account. If you’re going to use this for things like buying and selling on eBay or sending money to a relative or close friend, then select “personal” from the drop-down selection below. Choose “Next” to proceed.
- On the following page, you’ll be prompted to provide information such as your real first and last names and your email address and to generate and reaffirm a password for your account. After you are done, click the “Next” button.
After that, you’ll be prompted to key in your home phone number and mailing address. After you have finished filling out this information, which is required, click the link that says “Agree and create an account,” and a PayPal account will be made for you.
Connect your PayPal account to your bank or credit card
You will need to link a bank account and credit card to your PayPal account to make use of the platform’s capabilities to send and receive financial transactions. To accomplish this, sign in to your account and proceed with the steps below.
- To access your wallet, navigate to the “Summary” screen and select “Wallet” from the menu bar at the top.
- If you would like to utilize a credit or debit card with your account, you can do so by selecting “Link a credit or debit card” from the menu on the left side of the screen. Click on the “Connect a bank account option” to connect your existing bank account instead of just your bank account itself. It is important to remember that it can be beneficial to do both to develop a source of backup funding for the future.
- Followed by clicking “Connect card” for debit cards or “Link bank account” if you use that option, you will be prompted to enter the card or bank information you desire to link to your PayPal account.
It is important to keep in mind that the process of adding a bank account will take anywhere from two to three days to finish. This is because PayPal will transfer tiny amounts into your account, which you will have to input via the PayPal website to verify that you own the account.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Do you need a bank account for PayPal?
You do not need a bank account to sign up for or accept payments using PayPal. But, to send and receive payments and transfer money, you will need to connect your PayPal account to a bank account, a debit card, or a credit card account.
Are PayPal accounts free?
The creation of a PayPal account as well as the installation of the PayPal mobile app, is both free of charge. There are costs associated with the following: When you are given payments resulting from an acquisition, whenever you get paid by someone located in a different country or region than you.
Is there a monthly fee for PayPal?
No ongoing costs or fees are associated with using PayPal, including no monthly fees. You only have to pay when you make a sale, and you can apply for lower pricing based on the number of sales you make.
Does PayPal give $5 monthly?
You will receive a reward of $5 if you join up with PayPal.
Start using PayPal immediately by creating an account, then add a payment method of your choice. If you purchase with PayPal for the first time and spend at least $10, you will be rewarded with $5 added to your account balance.