How to Record Netflix Using OBS Studio
These days, internet browsers like Google Chrome and Microsoft Edge are used to record most Netflix videos rather than dedicated software. Once the recording is finished, the consumer sees a black screen with just the movie’s audio playing in the background. Google’s Chrome and Microsoft’s Edge are two of the most popular web browsers. Adhere to the limitations imposed by Netflix and do not let you record Netflix movies using OBS. Google controls Chrome, while Microsoft owns Edge.
Using the Mozilla Firefox web browser, we will show you how to record movies from Netflix in this section.
- It is possible to get OBS Studio by downloading it and installing it on your computer.
- Start the OBS software, and after that, choose Show Capture by clicking on the plus symbol in the box of sources positioned in the bottom left corner of the screen.
- The setup is finished once you click OK twice. The OBS installation is complete, and it is currently capturing your computer’s screen.
- Launch Mozilla Browser and go on over to Netflix. To use your existing account, please sign in.
- To begin recording, play the movie you’ve chosen. Open OBS and hit the record button in the lower right corner of the screen as the video begins playing.
Cancel the recording in OBS after the film has finished playing, and then go to the OBS saved recording folder from finding the shows or films that you have already captured using the application.
Read Also: How To Post Multiple Photos On Instagram
Why should I set up a Netflix recording?
More and more individuals are turning to services like Netflix for their entertainment needs. Because all you need is a Netflix membership, you can watch all the movies and TV shows you want without ever having to pay for cable or satellite TV again. Movies and TV shows are great to have on hand, and many of us like downloading them to our computers to watch them whenever we want, even when we don’t have internet access. As Netflix does not support downloading or transferring video streams, you have likely found this article searching for a way to record Netflix and save it to your computer. The problem is that you can’t accomplish any of those things with Netflix.
The Netflix app doesn’t work with OBS.
There’s a chance that displays capture isn’t turned on in the OBS settings.
Recording problems that lead to a black screen while playing back the recorded video may usually be resolved by switching to a different browser, such as Mozilla Firefox, or by removing hardware acceleration in Chrome.
I need to know how to get a screenshot of my Netflix screen.
The method for taking a screenshot may vary depending on the device and operating system you are using. However, here are some general instructions that should work for most devices:
- Press the “Print Screen” (PrtScn) key on your keyboard. This will capture the entire screen.
- Open an image editing program such as Microsoft Paint or Adobe Photoshop.
- Press “Ctrl + V” to paste the screenshot into the program.
- Save the screenshot as a JPEG or PNG file.
- Press “Command + Shift + 4” on your keyboard.
- Drag your cursor to select the portion of the screen you want to capture.
- Release the mouse button to take the screenshot.
- The screenshot will be saved to your desktop as a PNG file.