This is because prying eyes could use this information to steal your identity or cause you harm. Protecting sensitive files with a password is an easy solution that can be easily implemented. If you are using Office 365 and would like to add a password to the document, you are working on in Word. This post will explain how to secure a Word document with a password using Office 365. So let’s get started:
Read More: How to Take an ECG With an Apple Watch
How to Password Protect a Word Document in Office 365
Proceed in the following manner:
- Launch your Word file using the Microsoft Office 365 application.
- Navigate to “File”.
- Choose the “Info” option.
- To protect your document, select the “Protect Document” widget.
- Choose “Encrypt with Password” from the list of available options.
- After entering the password you want to use to safeguard the document in the popup dialogue box, selecting “OK” will finish the process.
- In order to validate the password you just entered, please enter it again.
- It is now necessary for Office 365 to advise that a password is needed to open the document.
Please be aware that if you forget the password to your document, you will no longer have access to it. Hence, select a password that won’t be too difficult to keep in mind, and once you’ve established it, scribble it down someplace so that you’ll have a backup in case you forget it.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Is it safe to password-protect a Word document?
Encrypting a Word document with a password to prevent illegal sharing is not very secure because an authorized user can share the password with others or remove it. This makes it impossible to prevent unauthorized sharing. To avoid editing. If you wish to restrict who can edit a Word document, you might as well not bother because the security can be readily circumvented.
What is the difference between password protection and encryption in Word?
Encryption provides an additional layer of security on top of passwords. It is a simple and efficient method for reducing the risk of compromised privacy. Information that has been encrypted becomes unreadable until the appropriate passphrase is entered.
What is the different method used to secure the Word document?
Click the File tab, then select Info from the drop-down menu that appears. After you have made your selection, proceed to the next step and click the Protect Document button. Next, from the menu that drops down, select the option “Encrypt with Password,” located in the middle of the menu. After clicking the Encrypt It button, you will be prompted to enter the password you want to use for the file.