LinkedIn is one of several social media sites now available, but it stands out due to its focus on professional connections. LinkedIn’s primary focus is facilitating networking opportunities for working professionals who are enthusiastic about their jobs. Rather than encouraging users to upload curated images of their beautiful lives or reading endlessly through useless memes, LinkedIn’s primary focus is on facilitating networking opportunities. This article will guide you through deleting your LinkedIn account step-by-step, allowing you to delete your LinkedIn account and move forward with your life. So, let’s dive into the process of how to delete LinkedIn account:
How to Delete LinkedIn Account
- Go to the LinkedIn website and sign in using the username and password you created for the account you already have.
- Once you have successfully logged in, navigate to the menu bar at the top of the page and select the Me option. This option is located directly beneath the image that represents your profile.
- When the drop-down menu opens, select Settings & Privacy from the list of options.
- Select the Account Preferences tab in the menu on the left side of the screen. Then, in the submenu that opens, select Account Management.
- Go to the section titled Account management, and click Change next to the option to Cancel account.
- On the following page, you will be asked to confirm that you want to close your account, and you will also be asked to explain your decision. You also have the option to fill in a feedback box to provide LinkedIn with any further comments or issues you may have. After you are done, click the Next button.
- The next step in the procedure requires you to re-enter your password so that the deletion may be finalized. Complete this form, and then click the Cancel Account button.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Can I delete and recreate my LinkedIn account?
You can directly reopen your account by either attempting to log in to your LinkedIn account or using the link supplied in the email informing you that your account was being closed. You can do this from either your desktop computer or your mobile device.
Can I get any old LinkedIn posts back if I delete my account?
Regrettably, not after a week and a half has passed. After the initial 14 days, you will no longer be able to reactivate your account if you have deleted it and then realized that you may have lost important information or would like to use it again.
Can you have 2 LinkedIn accounts with the same email?
You may already have more than one account set up on LinkedIn. Suppose you see a warning informing you that the email address you are attempting to use is already in use. In that case, you may have previously registered that email address with another LinkedIn account.
How many LinkedIn accounts can I have?
It is against the regulations of Linkedin to have numerous accounts under the same name for the same person. You can’t have more than one account under your name.