In this article, TechQrunch talks about how to convert a pdf file to Word document. PDF (Portable Document Format) and Word (Microsoft Word) are commonly used file formats for document creation and sharing. While PDF files are often used for preserving the formatting of a document, they can be difficult to edit or modify. In contrast, Word files are designed to be easily editable and offer various formatting options. If you have a PDF file that you need to edit or modify, one option is to convert it to a Word document.
Converting a PDF to Word allows you to make changes to the document’s text, formatting, and layout, and can save you time and effort in recreating the document from scratch. In this article, we will explore how to convert a PDF to Word using various methods and tools and discuss some best practices for working with converted documents.
How to Convert pdf File to Word Document
Because you’ll usually be editing the file in Word, utilizing that application is generally the simplest option if you have access to it.
- Choose the pdf Document you wish to edit. The PDF should not be opened; only the folder containing it should be opened.
- Choose Open from the context menu after right-clicking the PDF.
- To access Word, click. If you don’t see Word, choose Other programs from the drop-down menu in the pop-up box, browse until you find it, and then select OK.
- Word will launch immediately, but a dialog window will appear first to request permission to export the PDF to Word. Just hit the “OK” button.
The time for a PDF to be converted and open in Word depends on the file’s size and complexity. The Word document may be saved at this time.
Read Also: How to Delete Your YouTube History
Convert pdf to Word Using Google Docs
You can also use Google Docs to make a Word document out of a PDF if you don’t have Microsoft Word.
- Launch a web browser and go to google.com/docs.
- A folder-shaped Open file picker icon will appear towards the top of your screen.
- Open a file and then choose the Upload tab.
- To convert a file, you must first open it on your computer. To upload a file, choose Pick a file from your device and find it on your device or drag it into the window.
- The PDF will load in the browser after a minute, but it will only open in Google Drive unless you choose Google Documents as the output format. Choose Google Documents from the Open with a drop-down menu at the screen’s top.
- Choose Microsoft Word from the drop-down menu when the PDF has opened in Google Docs (.docx). The data will be downloaded to your computer’s Downloads directory.
Can a PDF file be changed into an editable document?
Launch Adobe Acrobat on your Mac or PC to see a scanned picture. The “Edit PDF” button may be found in the right sidebar. Adobe Acrobat can take your PDF and make an editable version using optical character recognition (OCR). To make changes to a text field, click it and start typing.
Can we edit PDF in Word?
How can I open a PDF document in Word Online?
Opening a PDF from its location avoids the need first to convert it to Word (for example, double-click the PDF file in your Documents folder). But, if you need to modify the PDF file, open it in Word.
In conclusion, converting a PDF file to a Word document can be a useful solution when you need to edit or modify the content of a PDF. While several methods and tools are available for converting PDFs to Word, it is important to choose a method that best suits your needs and the nature of the PDF file. Depending on the complexity of the document, the conversion process may not always be perfect and may require additional editing or formatting.
Therefore, reviewing the converted document carefully and making any necessary adjustments before finalizing it is recommended. By converting a PDF to Word, you can save time and effort in recreating a document from scratch and easily modify the content as needed.