Nothing could be more disheartening than when your preferred voice assistant accidentally ruins the surprise that you have planned for a loved one’s birthday or Christmas present. If one thing could be more disheartening, it would be this. You can easily stop Amazon Alexa in her tracks by taking the straightforward step of disabling order notifications. Those interested in learning how to disable Alexa order notifications within the Alexa app will find the information they need in this article (available for iOS and Android). So let’s get started:
Read More: How to Stream Oscars 2023 on Roku
How to Turn Off or Disable Alexa Order Notifications in the Alexa App
You cannot simply ask Alexa to adjust your package notifications using voice commands alone. On the other hand, the Alexa app for either Android or iPhone makes it very simple to adjust these settings.
1. Launch the Alexa app on the mobile device you are using.
2. Click the More tab, then pick Settings from the menu that appears.
3. Select Notifications, then choose Amazon Shopping from the menu.
4. Turn off the toggle labeled ” For items” in delivery updates below the Say or Show item titles option.
5. You also have the option to deactivate the For items in return updates toggle if you have any concerns regarding the presents you are exchanging or returning.
6. Next, ensure the final toggle in the section for Including items in your shopping cart marked as gifts or those that might be gifts during major holidays is turned off. This will prevent any items in your shopping cart from being considered gifts.
7. You will see a few additional notifications connected to your deliveries and orders, and you can disable them if you so choose.
8. In the section titled “Delivery Notifications,” you will find the option to disable notifications for both items that are “Out for delivery” and those that have been “Delivered.” Within the following two sections, you will find the option to disable notifications for Order Updates and Returns.
After you have deactivated the other toggles in Steps 4 and 5, these additional Alexa notifications should not speak or display product titles after you have completed those steps. If, on the other hand, you don’t want anyone in the house to be aware of any deliveries or returns, you might think about turning off these notifications as well.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
What are notifications in the Alexa app?
Users of Alexa are kept informed about new content associated with their Alexa Voice Service (AVS) enabled device using the notification feature. For instance, when a user receives a new message in their Alexa inbox indicating that Amazon has delivered a package, the LED ring on an Echo device glows yellow. This lets the user know that the package has been delivered.
Why is Alexa flashing green?
If you see a green light on your Echo device that is spinning or flashing, this indicates that there is either an incoming call, an active call, or an active Drop In.
Does Alexa have a camera?
The video feed is generated by the device’s built-in camera and provided by the Amazon Alexa Home Monitoring feature. When you are using Home Monitoring, in addition to seeing the video feed, you can listen to what is happening within the room. On the Echo Show, there is a microphone that is built right in, so not only can you hear what’s going on, but you can also engage in conversation.