Because you can have Siri read incoming notifications to you and announce your calls, one of the most useful features of the AirPods is that you don’t have to pick up your phone while you’re using them, which is one of the reasons why this is one of the most valuable features of the AirPods. Because of this, there is no longer a need to multitask. On the other hand, this might be annoying for a specific segment of the users. Siri will notify you of incoming phone calls even when listening to music with AirPods or any other headphones that Siri supports. The good news is that you can turn off this feature if that is what you prefer. This article will provide a step-by-step guide showing you how to disable the call notification feature available on your AirPods. So let’s get started:
How to Stop Announcing Calls on AirPods
- Start the application that manages the settings.
- After scrolling down, select the Phone option by tapping on it.
- Make sure the Announce Calls option is selected.
- You can approach this situation in some different ways. If you tap the Always button, Siri will notify you whenever you get a new call by announcing the caller’s name and number. When Headphones & Car is enabled, Siri will only announce incoming calls when connected to your car or when your AirPods (or other supported headphones) are plugged in and connected to your device. When you enable the Headphones Only setting, Siri will not announce incoming calls when it is connected to your car or when it is connected to your car’s headphones. Never completely turn off the caller ID and announcements.
- Because the other three choices all involve headphones, you will need to select the Never option if you want to prevent your AirPods from making call announcements.
After deactivating this setting, Siri will no longer notify you of incoming phone calls while you are using AirPods.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
How do I get rid of Audio Description?
Alternatively, you can do it through the settings on your TV. After pressing the Home button on your remote, navigate to Settings > Audio Description >, select the option that best suits your needs, and then press the Done button.
How do I turn off Audio Description on my iPhone?
Apple’s iOS devices: iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch
Tap the Settings button on the home screen of your device. To enable accessibility, use the menu on the left. Select the Audio Descriptions option. Ensure that the setting for Audio Descriptions is not active in any way.
How do I stop Siri from saying who is calling?
Navigate to Settings > Siri & Search > Announce Calls, and once you’re there, choose one of the available options. Siri can recognize who is calling and will ask if you would like to take the call after it has identified the caller. If you want to accept the call, say “yes,” but if you don’t want to, say “no.”
Do fake AirPods announce notifications?
Apple has released an update for iOS 16 that will display a warning if you attempt to connect fake AirPods to your iPhone. If you see this message when you try to pair your AirPods with your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch, you should check to make sure that the AirPods you have are authentic.