If you reside in one of the areas where Apple Music is compatible with Google Home and Nest smart speakers and displays, you can utilize Google Assistant with Apple Music. This functionality is only available in specific regions. You can link your account in Google Home and then ask Google Assistant to play stuff from Apple Music or set it up as your default music service. This functionality is similar to how other music services work on Google Home and Nest devices. You will learn how to play Apple Music on Google Nest by reading the following post. So let’s get started:
How to Play Apple Music on Google Nest
You must link your Apple Music account within the Google Home app to listen to Apple Music on Google Nest and Google Home speakers. After you do that, you can make song requests through Apple Music by using voice commands.
Here’s how to get Apple Music playing on your Google Home or Nest speaker after setting it up in Google Home:
- Launch the Google Home app on your iOS or Android smartphone (iPhone, iPad, or Android).
- Tap Settings.
- Music on the Taps.
- In the section titled “Other Music Services,” tap the link icon next to Apple Music.
- Click the Connect Account button.
- You can sign in using the fingerprint sensor on your device, or you can use your Apple ID.
- Click the Allow button.
- Please enter the verification code for your Apple ID.
- Click the Allow button.
- Google Home now supports Apple Music thanks to a new integration.
- Simply saying, “Hey Google, play (song name) on Apple Music” will cause your Google Nest or Home speaker to start playing music from Apple Music.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Does Google Home support AirPlay?
If you have an Apple device like an iPhone or Mac and want to cast audio to a Google Home or Nest speaker via AirPlay, you won’t be able to do so unless the app you’re using supports Google Cast. This is the case even if you wish to cast audio to a speaker from another Google product.
Can you connect Google Nest to AirPlay?
Users of the Google Nest smart speaker can now use Apple AirPlay to broadcast audio and video on their other smart devices, such as smart displays and smart speakers.
Why is Apple Music not casting?
Casting is only available for certain types of content on Apple Music, and not all Chromecast devices are compatible. ” Make sure that your speaker or display is linked to the same account as your mobile device or tablet and that they are connected to the same Wi-Fi network. Launch an application that supports Chromecast.
Can I connect my iPhone to Google?
You can grant permission for your Google Account to synchronize your data with the Mail, Contacts, Calendars, and Notes applications on your iPhone. You are free to make changes to these settings at any time.